Feb 4, 2007

Telemarketers...Grrrrrrrrrr!



I am sure a lot of you would have all heard these calls, saying that you have been chosen to win a grand prize, won a lottery..etc No one is gonna give u anything for free in this world!!

I have registered my fone number with the "Do not call registry"; inspite of that i get to hear these telemarketers everyday... now they have started calling my cell phone as well...
Sometimes these telemarketing calls can be a gr8 time pass ...I have a few things i have told them and thought ill share them with you guys...

You can say these are a few revenge steps, tit for tat coz they do annoy quite a few of us a lot of times, no other way to get back...

Incident 1:
I was about to head out that day and i get a phone call. I picked up the fone.

Me: Hello!

TM(telemarketer): Hi! I am calling for Chase credit card! We have this offer for 0% balance transfer and went on for a couple of mins...

Me: I told him I am kinda busy, Can i have ur number so i can call you back

TM: No sorry! We cant give our numbers out to callers. WE dont want customers calling us.

Me: Now do u know how it feels!

TM: (for a change he said) Sorry! Have a nice day and hung up
The guy was nice enough to say sorry.




Incident 2:

Me: Hello!

TM: Calling from Carnival cruise and you have won this cruise, you are eligible to win a free cruise to the Carribeans

ME: Sorry am not able to hear u clearly

TM: (She repeats!!)

Me: Omg Can you please repeat, am not able to hear you.

TM mutters: dude this lady is deaf..and tries to repeat it

Me: Cruise wat? Who won?

TM: She is tryin to explain but she seems like she gave up

Me: My brother won?

TM: Sorry! I think we called the wrong person. THanks for your time..


Incident 3:

Me: Hello G'morning

TM: This is Maria from Amerisource calling regarding Mortgage rates etc...
(She probably said 200 words in 2 mins)

Me:Can you please speak very slowly because I have to write down every word your saying..

TM: (she hung up on me... )

Wat are the odds of a telemarketer hanging up on u!!!!

Incident 4:

(My tone for this call was very serious! I could swear she thought she got a customer!)
TM: Hi, we are calling from Home owners equity! we can give u some good refinancing rates. How are you doing today?

Me: I am so very glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems.

TM: I think you got me wrong. We are callin for Home owners equity! for refinancing your house!

ME: Nice so we have a house?

TM: This call is regarding refinancing your present house. So thats the reason for this call!

Me: So You wont ask me how am doing first? What customer service are you offering without saying a proper hi!

TM: How are you Ms.Viswananathan( Vis-waah-nathan)?

Me: Again i started off sayin...am glad you asked me! I have soo many problems and i need someone to talk to and am glad we are able to talk now.

TM: I think i caught you in the wrong time. Thanks

Incident 5:

TM: HI Can i speak with Janani( JAN-ANNIE) Viswanathan ( Vis-waah-neh-tan)

Me: Omg Reena! How are you? Long time no hear..I missed you? How is our bf? I never expected ur call! Hows aunty and uncle?

TM: This call is from....

ME: (I cut her while she was talking) Stop joking, you think i can't recognize u?
U still being the same prankster u were!

TM: She hangs up on me..

-Janani

7 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHA..LOLZ.. OMG. Those were the best! I have to try them sometime.. Number 4 was my favorite! lolz..

Anonymous said...

hey..that was funny!!!

Escape.... Great Escape said...

I remember when someone called my office... and wanted to sell me a credit card.

His sales pitch was... "You have 0 percent interest with the card..." and I said "Give me a call when you think I will have 100 % interest in the card.. "

He did not get what I said... but thankfully put the phone down. BTW do the credit card salesmen call from Kansas or Kannammapeatai these days ?

Migrating Thoughts - Ramblings of a Mind said...

@loori: Still Jason White from kannamapettai

Migrating Thoughts - Ramblings of a Mind said...

@Ashita: let me know how it went after u try some.. :)

Awatts said...

Enjoyed this one a lot, I so can relate to this..!

Unknown said...

Hahahahah.. hey, i couldn't stop laughing after reading these.. i pulled a couple of pranks myself to cut them off, but nothing can beat what u did.. way to go!!!