Jul 31, 2009

Tot Memoirs !!!

Before you start reading this post, pls scroll down and read the disclaimer (tis in italics, grey) in the post right below this one ;);) I’m sure you’ll have to read it for quite sometime from now on!

My “online time” was gettin lesser by the day than the state’s monthly allowances for homeless ppl! I know can you believe it!! i cant blv myself. The maximum I get to do these days is open Gmail(reply), open Fb, open Blogspot and then log out or end up leaving myself online before I can do anything useful! I was succumbing to unknown mighty forces that are against me being online — and had almost become used to it…until yesterday!!

A chat box opened up in my Gmail and asked “Remember me?” After initial moments of , I was thrilled! It was an old, old, ooooooold friend. We shared soo many memories and our friendship from say kindergarten! And then we’d lost touch. A few years ago, when I’d started my Orkut/FB account, I had searched for her, but wasn’t lucky. And now, here she was.

We had a few long gaps amidst one liners…15 years is a long long time — and if you think there’d be lots of stuff to catch up on when you meet such an old friend, let me tell you, there is none! We had no clue what to talk about…other than one-liner replies to “Where are you these days?” and “What you up to?” and the like. And well, if you think there’d be nothing to talk about after the first round of such awkwardness, let me tell you, you’re wrong! Hehe…we launched into a trail of “Do you remember whens...” . Oh God! It was the best catching-up I had had in a long time!

We discussed kho-kho games, falling-downs(I hated that game and would always end up bruised; so would she), Delhi Bombay, Crocodile; we discussed about those irate Aunties in the colony and our incessant chatting (apparently, once we both were asked to sit at two corners during festivities, well away from each other because of our non-stop talking — and I started crying; being the true friend she was, she started off too! ); we discussed a few horrid males with whom we’d always get into a quarrel — and We'd go marching to the watchman of the colony to complain, bring back a loud-voiced watchman (Uthrabadi) and get them guys shouted at! He was one hellava sweet watchman we had :)

We literally LOL'd discussing a guy who never used to touch a girl, for fear of him getting pregnant! yea yea.. If his finger brushed against a girl’s by mistake, he’d bring out his towel and rub it off vehemently! (He’s in Santa Clara now, though I don’t know why I’ve mentioned it here ). Then there was this AntiLove Association 2 gals started who were against love. We were there as the guinea pig coz they were older than we were, we were ragged to do the bad job of stalking those ppl ;) .Hehe…we used to snoop around, find all sorts of couples in the colony, there was nothing much we as lil kids could do talk abt the akka & anna and some weird talks ( One of them happened to be my uncle & aunt) :) Also those 2 gals who used to always go behind the trees and talk ALL the time:) We were pretty naughty to think that way back then too;)

She remm the time when "C" apparantely came and told her that he will marry "J" one day... i need to talk to C and find out wats with that;)The time where Suja was hiding under the watertank with her bf...and gettin caught by us gals and she bribing us with 5-stars everytime we see her. Such brats we were:)

Oh, when Balaji the nerd guy in the gang, couldnt control his pee (ending up peeing where ever he was)and dint wannt go home coz he mite be out while playing hide & seek. Wish i could find where he is these days. Such funny guy he was!

Apparently, once those horrid males in the colony pushed her off the chair and she landed “thud” on the floor, right with her bruise facing the floor. we had our revenges too…we used to stone those guys during our every single badminton sessions!and get stoned back!

The funniest of all was the recollection of us on stage once — hair all done up with colourful ribbons that matched our dresses, we were singing away to glory!! Our game nites during powercuts in CHennai with my dad being the main guy :)

Anyway, it was a rather very very playful walk down memory lane…becoming the lil kids we were again, even if for a few minutes, was awesome — and I enjoyed it so very thoroughly! Now, that little girl is a stunningly beautiful woman! I was shocked when I saw her picture and gaping for quite a while!

I’m so glad we’re back in touch. 15 years of fun we’d missed. Welcome back, Sweets!

No comments: