Jul 28, 2009

.... and I here i am thinking there was nothing as contagious as a smile!



Me: Do you sell them smiles?
Storeguy: Yes. But they are quite expensive.
Me: Ah, not a problem! Please can you give a box of them to that lady there; it’s on me!
Storeguy: Oh, I am sorry! You really are not the first to try…but I never have any that fits her!

K now, does a smile cost a lot, really? Or is it just a matter of no-size-fits-some?

Been wondering about this for a while now. There is this perosn, at whom I wuda smiled a million times, without fail, more like everytime, he turns around and hurries into his house or runs away as if fearing life.

Either its my face which he is not too impressed with; or his smiles are just too damn expensive and he knows I cannot afford one ever in my life!

Well, I have never bitched about him to his face (or to any1 for that matter), never made faces at him, never intentionally done anything to him for him to not give a grin back, so I cant, for the life of me, figure out why I get such a cold response to one little, innocent smile.

It has been sometime now. But well, irrespective of all that, I still smile at him every single time. Its just a simple principle I follow: Its always there, right under my nose, and it costs me nothing! So, why forget its there?? Well, I believe there’s always a smile at the end of a 14-muscle stretch!

P.S.: Well, to those whom it matters: I do not have a scary face — I smiled at my neigbours kid today and she didn’t look scared…not a bit!:):):)

No comments: