
I had an argument with a friend about this last week.. I personally dont believe in them.
This is wat i believe destiny is: its not a matter of chance... its a matter of choice; You control what you do today; its not a thing to be waited for and its a thing to be achieved.
Its like what ever happened is for your own good... it might not feel that way going through it...but later on u will realise it is.
Fate is how things you cant control but assemble themselves. Still there are somethings where you do have some control over. Making an incorrect decision in your life when u were given an option and you end up choosing the wrong option. You cant blame that on fate. You were given an option and you decided to go that way.
I got this quote from a friend. "Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards" by philospher Soren Kierkegaard, 1813-1855. It is soo true!!!

But there are times where you have no control over things..Heading to work and you get into an accident. Is that fate?
Some say fate or destiny is a predetermined course of events...sometimes.. if its predetermined can we change it in teh course of our lives?
I dont believe in life being predetermined et al! Read this on my way tow rok today. "There is no chance, no fate, no destiny that can circumvent, or hinder, or control a firm resolve of a determined soul."
1 comment:
I don't believe in either! There are only 2 things I believe in - choice and probability. I believe that there is always a choice, no matter how pre-determined and inevitable the path ahead may seem. Each choice has a probability assigned to it, and humans tend to pick the choice with the highest probability associated with it. Choice is what makes life what it is, not fate or destiny, or any other names people may wanna give it! And there is no such event in life that has a probability of either 0 or 1 associated with it. That's just my humble opinion, of course! :-)
Post a Comment