Apr 4, 2017

Height of Ego!

My neighbor thinks I look Gujju/Punjabi. Her husband thinks I lean towards the Mallu side. Ladies at this salon think I look Bong. The owner of Komala Vilas thinks I am not a south Indian and tells my friend "She is not a Southie". People sometimes speak to me in hindi even after I tell them a million times that i dont speak hindi. I can understand hindi to an extent but conversing has always been hard for me. I know quiet a bit of Telugu which fools some people into thinking I'm Telugu.


Being mistaken for a Keralite is ok (just to an extent) as I somewhat fall there
(just a teeny weeny part though; some of my mom's side are from Palghat). Being mistaken for a Parsi/ Sindhi/ Sardarni/Assami is not. Do i look anything close to an Assamese??? The answer is a BIG NO.

I'm tired of being told I don't look like what I am, a full blooded Tamilian! Ones an aquaintance told me I fit really well as a Punjabi or Bong because I have the typical big "cow" eyes.

My Tamil may not be the greatest but hey! we all have our flaws. I don't embarass friends by telling them they smell constipated, their nostril hair is long enough to be braided, their shoes look like a very angry buffalo has barfed on them, and that they look as dumb as they are and vice versa.

People should just accept me the way I am. They can always unaccept me in their blogs:P !

No comments: