The curtain slowly flutters, in an attempt to blow a cooling breeze towards me and wake me up. I open my eyes slightly to the sound of familiar trees and smell of mild sunshine. But the cosy, warm blanket around me refuses to let go, holding me in a tight embrace that I don't want to break. I try to think of the last thing that was running in my mind before falling asleep (thank god, i wasnt thinking about it - proud as a peacock, i smiled :) Thank you S & V), but my mind appears clean and fresh, like newly washed laundry smelling of a nice detergent flavored with lime. I reach out and fish the book I was reading the night before and continue dwelling in its pages of a house painted like a garden and a girl who plays hopscotch in an abandoned nunnery. There is only one thing that I want this moment to complete this picture. A favorite dog, fluffy cuddly one. I stretch languorously, much like the dog, and pad slowly downstairs to a room that is set aglow with the sharpness of light that can come only after the blunting effect of morning rain.
Balancing a cup of ginger and honey tea and my book, I proceed to sit in a chair outside that i placed last weekend, situated in the midst of a few plants and a bicycle yet cozy:)There is a lulling, soothing insulating quietness. With the sounds of chirruping birds and jostling trees that seem to only add melody to the silence, instead of interrupting it. I notice how there are little white flowers reflected on the glass like specks after a snowfall. And how the dried leaves seem to huddle together in the comfort of old age. And how I ended up starting the day with tea instead of coffee. Things change, and so do I :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment